Nothing is as devastating to a family as the unpredicted and preventable death of a loved one. This is what is known as wrongful death. In California, wrongful death is a civil cause of action that allows you to seek relief for deaths caused by the intentional or negligent conduct of another individual or company. By making a wrongful death claim, you and your family can begin to seek justice for your losses and damages which can provide a measure of closure that allows you to move forward.
Arshakyan Law Firm has taken on the legal task of civil claims and lawsuits in these cases for families in our area since 2013. We have built a successful record of accomplishments in helping our clients hold wrongdoers responsible for financial and emotional losses suffered due to wrongful death. Our experience, hands-on approach, and personalized attention form the foundation of our legal services which are dedicated to client satisfaction.
Wrongful death is a tragic event that is caused when someone's life is lost due to another's negligence or wrongdoing. Common causes of wrongful death include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Dangerous falls
- Medical errors
- Defective and dangerous consumer products
- Criminal acts
Many families who have lost loved ones in wrongful deaths are unaware of their legal right to hold the responsible parties accountable by seeking justice in a court of law.
In California, the following people are legally allowed to file claims and lawsuits:
- The surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, or parents of the deceased
- Grandchildren if the deceased person’s children have passed away
- The putative spouse of the deceased
- Stepchildren if certain requirements are met
- Any person who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession (passing away without a Will)
- In some cases, minor children of a deceased parent may also have standing to sue
Art and Ms.Arshakyan for the incredible and wonderful job they did.
“They are top notch and very knowledgeable personal injury and worker’s comp attorneys.”
Would like to recommend Arshakyan law firm to anyone with a personal injury case.
“Tina and team were the best advocates for the case and they fought to get her the best medical attention and compensation.”
Tina arshakyan and Art from the Arshakyan Law did an amazing job getting my aunt her settlement from an auto accident.
“Honest, Professional and Decisive Experience to his clients.”
Phenomenal worker’s comp attorneys.
“My parents are very happy with the results my father got from his case.”
Quality, value, professionalism. and responsiveness.
“Tina is by far the best attorney I have hired for any legal manor.”
In a wrongful death claim, various types of economic and non-economic damages may be obtained through negotiations with the other party and/or his or her insurer or litigation with these entities in court.
Available damages can include:
- Economic Damages:
- Lost earning capacity due to the deceased’s untimely death
- Loss of financial support provided by the deceased
- Funeral and burial expenses incurred by relatives of the deceased
- The monetary value of any household services provided by the deceased
2. Non-economic Damages:
- The pain and suffering endured by survivors of the deceased
- Loss of love, companionship, care, comfort, society, moral support, and guidance for survivors of the deceased
- Loss of intimacy for spouses or domestic partners
You have two years from the date of the death of your loved one to file a wrongful death action in California.
Let Our Seasoned Attorneys Work for You
The process of filing a wrongful death claim can send a message to others who might engage in similar wrongdoing in the future. It can also provide a measure of closure and a sense of peace to you, your family, and friends, all of whom have been impacted by the shock, grief, and other losses associated with the death.
In these situations, it is essential to speak with one of our experienced Encino attorneys who can help you understand your legal rights and options. We can provide sound advice on how to pursue just compensation and we can take on all the necessary legalities of your case. Our skilled team at Arshakyan Law Firm will fight for the financial security and other damages to which you are entitled under California law.