Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycles are one of the most dangerous types of vehicles on the road. These bikes put you at a higher risk of injury or death in accidents than the occupants of cars, SUVs, and light trucks. As a rider, you have much less protection in the event of a crash. The lack of a steel frame around your body leaves you vulnerable to being thrown from the bike or suffering immediate physical impact by the other vehicle. Additionally, due to their small size and relatively limited visibility, motorcycles can be difficult for other drivers to spot on the road, increasing the chances of an accident happening.
At Arshakyan Law Firm, we have represented many motorcyclists in personal injury claims in the last decade. Our team understands the devastating repercussions that you may have suffered in a traffic accident, from temporary disability to mounting medical bills to permanent disability and loss of earning capacity. Our team is highly skilled in investigating and building cases to the best advantage so that our tough negotiations with the other party and/or his or her insurer will lead to optimum results. Where the full value of your claim is not available through negotiations, we are never afraid to take your claim to court in litigation.
Connect with Arshakyan Law Firm to book your free consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney by contacting us via email or at (818) 650-9985.
IT'S NOT JUST THE FIGHT, BUT THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE FIGHT!
Motorcycle Accident Facts
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 5,579 motorcyclists died in traffic crashes across the nation in 2020. This represents 14 percent of all traffic fatalities and an 11 percent increase from 2019. Additionally, 82,528 motorcyclists suffered injuries in 2020 traffic accidents as well. The NHTSA also reported that motorcycle fatalities took place almost 28 times more often than the fatalities suffered in car accidents.
These statistics indicate the greater risk of suffering injuries or being killed when riding a motorcycle over driving or being a passenger in an automobile. Motorcycles are commonly known to be less visible in traffic due to their smaller size, less stable because of only have two instead of four wheels, and much less crashworthy.
Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can range from road rash, cuts, and bruises, to whiplash, dislocations, herniated discs, multiple fractures, organ damage, loss of limbs, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and more. These can range from temporary to permanent disabilities in which you may need medical care, personal assistance, and financial help for the long term.
Tina arshakyan and Art from the Arshakyan Law did an amazing job getting my aunt her settlement from an auto accident.
“Honest, Professional and Decisive Experience to his clients.”
Would like to recommend Arshakyan law firm to anyone with a personal injury case.
“Tina and team were the best advocates for the case and they fought to get her the best medical attention and compensation.”
“La abogada Tina es la mejor abogada para casos de workers comp yo la contrate y estoy muy feliz con los resultados. Gano mi caso y todo salio bien gracias a su esfuerzo. La recomendo mucho.”
“Yo y mi familia estamos agradecidos con la gran labor que la abogada Tina hizo en mi caso. Gracias a ella me encuentro bien y he recibido un trato y solucion justa a mi accidente.”
“La abogada Tina Arshakyan es una gran profesional, honesta y eficiente. Ella me ayudo con varios accidentes de auto y todo salio bien para mi favor. Todo su equipo de trabajo es de lo mejor y la atencion es grandiosa. Recomiendo mucho sus servicios.”
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can occur in many ways, including but not limited to the following:
- Speeding. When motorists speed, it can lead to the inability to stop in time to avoid hitting you from behind or from the side.
- Motorists taking left-hand turns into oncoming motorcyclists. Lack of judgment or lack of attention to an oncoming biker can cause these drivers to turn left in front of you, causing a direct impact.
- Tailgating. A motorist following too closely behind you can lead to a rear-end crash should you need to brake suddenly.
- Distracted driving. When motorists fail to fully pay attention to driving by engaging in other activities, such as talking on a cell phone, reading/answering texts, eating, drinking, fiddling with interior controls and devices, and more, accidents increase.
- Drunk and/or drugged driving. Driving while under the influence is a criminal offense and clearly puts motorcyclists at enormous risk from drivers who engage in this behavior.
- Motorists opening car doors onto traffic lanes after parking. Motorcyclists can crash into car doors when they suddenly open onto their traffic lane, causing serious injuries.
- Road hazards. Where governmental agencies fail to keep roads safe, these lapses can lead to accidents. Defaced, hidden, or missing traffic signs, defective traffic signals, road debris, and more are all forms of road maintenance negligence.
- Poor weather. Snow, ice, fog, rain, and strong winds can make roads dangerous, creating a higher risk for accidents. Motorcycles are more prone to sliding and crashing on wet surfaces.
Regardless of the type of accident in which you were injured, our accomplished litigation team at Arshakyan Law Firm can take all legal steps to help you secure the compensation you need and deserve. This can range from past and predicted future medical expenses to the loss of your bike, loss of income or wages, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and other pertinent damages.
When handling a motorcycle accident claim, you will most commonly have to deal with the other party’s insurer. These companies can make the claims process frustrating and difficult. Their overall goal is to pay out as little as possible on liability claims. Thus, they may engage in various tactics from making settlement offers that are far less than what your claim is worth to attempting to shift the blame to you.
With our team on your side, you will have the benefit of proven personal injury lawyers who know how to fight back against such tactics; we stand up against insurance companies as we thoroughly prepare and present a fully-documented case seeking maximized results that are in your best interests, not the interests of the insurance company.